Eating Disorders Psycho-Education and Skills Group: Essential Steps Toward Recovery
The purpose of this group is to educate on the factors involved in the process of change, and what is essential for recovery.
Part 1: Psychoeducation
In the first part of the group we will provide essential information in order to de-mystify eating disorders and the many false beliefs surrounding them, such as:
- What factors are currently maintaining your eating disorder?
- What are the stages of change and where are you right now?
- How eating disorders are similar to anxiety disorders and the importance of facing fears (exposure)
- The myths of dieting and compensatory behaviors
- Body image
Part 2: Change Strategies
In the second part we will help you to develop skills to combat both your eating disorder and the negative emotions and anxiety that often get in the way of recovery, such as:
- Anxiety management
- Introduction to Mindfullness
- Emotion regulation
- Distress tolerance
- Making changes in line with your values
14 Weeks, Tuesdays 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
date to be determined
Location: BACA Clinic group room
Cost : $75 per week