What is binge eating?
Also present in binge eating are feelings of loss of control, shame, disgust, guilt and symptoms of depression. The people who suffer are generally either overweight or obese.
Binge eating symptoms
A. Recurring episodes of binge eating with the feeling of loss of control
B. These episodes are associated with at least 3 of the following criteria:
• Food intake is extremely fast and in quantities well above normal
• Person eats to the point of feeling an uncomfortable abdominal distension
• Eats large amounts of food without having any sensation of hunger
• Eats alone, being embarrassed to eat such a large quantity of food
• Feels self-disgust, depression or strong guilt after binge eating episodes
C. Bulimic behaviour is a source of noticeable suffering.
D. Bulimic behaviour occurs at least once a week over a three-month period.
E. This bulimic behaviour is not associated with inappropriate compensatory behaviours and does not occur exclusively during anorexia or bulimia
Do you think you might be suffering from binge eating?
Do you know someone close to you who might be suffering?
Outpatient follow-ups for adults
Woman, men, athletes… A different approach is necessary for the different populations in our society. Individual needs will vary and the experts at the BACA Clinic are known to adjust their approach accordingly.
Group therapies and workshops
– Catherine’s parents
Eating Disorders Clinic
Come and meet us
2121 Crescent street, suite 200
Montreal (Quebec) H3G 2C1
Phone: (514) 544-2323 | 1-833-544-2323
Fax: (514) 759-3084