POSITION: PSYCHOLOGIST OR SOCIAL WORKER – PART TIME
The BACA clinic is a private clinic, offering specialized outpatient services for people with eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder. We also help parents and close others accompanying their loved ones through this trying time. Using an integrated treatment model, we are able to address all facets of the individual’s life and offer a warm and personalized intervention for clients aged 14 and up.
Our team believes in an individual’s ability to reach a full recovery, and we will mobilize all available resources in order to foster hope in the possibility of a balanced life free from weight and appearance-related obsessions. Our clinic’s warm and welcoming environment also creates a climate of confidence which is favorable to recovery.
Our multidisciplinary team consists of passionate professionals who thrive in working as a team to help others. In order to provide our clients the best possible service, we also work closely with other treatment providers implicated in their care. We are seeking a psychologist who would like to grow with our team and who is up to the challenge of working with our clientele.
• Ability to conduct initial evaluations
• Provide individual psychotherapy to adults and adolescents
• Conduct psychoeducational and/or support groups
• Conduct sessions with families
• Be a member in good standing with the Ordre des Psychologues de Quebec or the Ordre des travailleurs sociaux et thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec;
• Excellent written and spoken French and English
• Available to work at least 2 days and at least 1 evening per week
• Available to being supervised by a senior member of the team as needed
• Participation in monthly team meetings on Fridays from 10h-14h.
• • Individual passionate about working in mental health, and particularly interested in eating disorders
• Individual with a demonstrated interest in integrating the BACA team’s treatment approach
• Enjoys working in a collaborative environment
• Knowledge of the principles of working within a multidisciplinary team
• Rigor, professionalism, autonomy, and the capacity for introspection and auto-evaluation are essential to our team
Remuneration will be discussed based on the candidate’s experience
Please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to:
Julie Landreville : email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.