Position: Junior counsellor and social media assistant
Hours: 32 hours per week (4 days) with a possible increase to 40 hours per week (5 days)
Permanent (4 month probation period)
Start Date: April 2021
Salary: to be determined based on experience
Hours: Mostly days, but hours will vary and you may be asked to stay until 7pm 1-2 evenings per week. You will also need to be available at least 1-2 Saturdays per month (11am-3pm)
The BACA Clinic is a private clinic offering specialized outpatient services for people with eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia and binge eating disorder. The BACA clinic is a private clinic, offering specialized outpatient services for people with eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder. Using an integrated treatment model, we are able to address all facets of the individual’s life and offer personalized intervention for clients aged 14 years and up.
Our team believes in an individual’s ability to reach a full recovery, and we will mobilize all available resources in order to foster hope in the possibility of a balanced life free from weight and appearance-related obsessions. Our clinic’s warm and welcoming environment also creates a climate of confidence which is favorable to recovery.
Our multidisciplinary team consists of passionate professionals who thrive in working as a team to help others. In order to provide our clients the best possible service, we also work closely with other treatment providers implicated in their care. We are seeking a junior counsellor who would like to grow with our team and who is up to the challenge of working with our clientele.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Meal preparation (minimal cooking, mostly plating and reheating) for our clients’ lunches and snacks (at least 10 hours per week)
- Supervision of individual and group meals and snacks with clients with eating disorders
- Helping to facilitate therapeutic activities
- Supporting clients with their assigned readings and assignments on recovery from an eating disorder
- Attendance at multidisciplinary team meetings and weekly supervision
- Help with some administrative tasks (e.g. client individual schedules, clinic white board notices, photocopies for client materials, buying materials for activities etc.)
- Writing short daily notes to communicate client progress with the team
- Helping us to update our social media presence on Facebook and Instagram (1-3 hours per week)
- Excellent organisation skills, can prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- Able to evaluate and intervene with a client in crisis
- Knowledge of mental health and appropriate intervention strategies
- Passion for working as part of a team and in group settings
Other Requirements :
- Bachelor’s Degree in a mental health related field
- Experience working with people with mental health issues
- Excellent written and spoken French and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with food or in a restaurant setting would be a plus
- Passionate about working in the mental health field with a particular interest in eating disorders
- Interested in working within BACA’s multidisciplinary therapeutic approach
- Enjoys working with groups in a collaborative and high paced environment
- Organized and flexible
- High level of professionalism
- A capacity for introspection and self-evaluation are essential
What we are offering :
- The opportunity to work with a warm and devoted multi-disciplinary team composed of psychologists, psychotherapists, family therapists, social workers, nutritionists, psychoeducators and doctors.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience with opportunities for growth
- Beautifully decorated and newly renovated offices make for a serene work environment in the downtown core
*There is no free parking available for employes but Guy-Concordia, Peel and Lucien L’allier metro stations are a 5 minute walk from our clinic
Please send your curriculum vitae and letter of intent to Marie Grassia : firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all candidates for their interest but we will only contact those candidates that have been accepted for interviews.